top of page
need prototypes, fast? We make the castings before the die is made!
Prototype Zinc Alloy & Aluminum Alloy Castings
CONTACT US NOW!
aluminum, light and strong!
OBJECTIVE - PROVIDE A PROTOTYPE CASTING THAT BEST SIMULATES THE PRODUCTION CASTING!
Our customized rapid prototype investment casting process is designed to produce smaller parts without the need for injection molding equipment to produce the wax patterns. Most aluminum casting companies run larger parts than Seybert Castings.
Our patterns are printed, accurately on 3d printers, allowing us to get started quickly without the need for tooling. Our objective is to produce a casting either in the final alloy or an alloy that best simulates the final material. As with zinc, we are able to produce first samples in days for approval and possible design adjustments prior to job completion.
ALUMINUM RAPID PROTOTYPING Alloys
OUR PRIMARY CASTING ALLOY
A356 - Most common gravity cast alloy.
- Used to simulate the strength of a die-cast part.
- Typically heat-treated to T5 or T6.
See our data sheet page for mechanical and thermal properties of A356 alloy for comparison to die-cast properties.
DIE-CAST ALLOYS RUN IN OUR PROTOTYPE CASTING PROCESS
A304 (K-Alloy™) - High corrosion resistance.
- Improved cooling due to better thermal conductivity.
- Eliminates the need for pre and post operations like anodizing and painting
- Developed by GM
A380 - Best combination of casting, mechanical, and thermal properties.
- Excellent fluidity, pressure tightness, and resistance to hot cracking.
- Wide variety of products including chassis for electronic equipment, engine brackets, gearbox cases, household furniture, power, and hand tools.
B390 - High hardness and good wear resistance.
- Suitable for many applications including internal combustion engine pistons and cylinder
bodies for compressors and brakes.
383 - Often used as an alternative to A380 if your component is highly intricate.
- Better corrosion resistance, lightweight, good mechanical properties, and dimensional
A413 - Excellent pressure tightness.
- Good choice for hydraulic cylinders.
- Great choice for die casting intricate components.
A360 - Excellent pressure tightness and fluidity. It has a high silicon content and offers high
corrosion resistance as well as high strength, even in elevated temperatures.
See our data sheet page for properties of these alloys.
bottom of page